Thermostatic Shower Filter Washers -- where do they go ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just purchased a Aqualisa Midas 100 Bath shower thermostatic shower.

In the box it has come with two rubber filter washers which i can find no reference to in the manual.

Where do these go.

I presume they go in the inlet(s) that allow the valve to be detatched for maintenance. On top of the red fibre washers? If this is the case then once they are in position i can barely tighted the valve up as there are no threads available.

Confused.... Do I need these washers? Do they go where I am thinking?

Thanks in advance

With fibre washer in place...
99000_98311_62576_10371058_thumb.jpg

With filter washer on top of fibre washer...
99000_98311_62575_14582009_thumb.jpg

Complete unit, where you can see there is not alot of thread
99000_98311_62574_92957722_thumb.jpg

The installation pdf is here.. sorry i cannot upload it

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/link/1/pwqu0172_13133_t.pdf

Additional Info from install guide....click it

Sponsored Links
I've had a closer look here and can't see anything either.
In your situation I would first remove the fibre washers and replace it with the filter washers and see how it goes. It's never usually a good idea to have 2 washers unless specified.
Trial and error with the priority of having the filters in place on the inlet side

Sponsored Links
Guys

Thanks for the advice.. ill just not bother with them for now.

The taps been on there years and the ones i just took off where clear of debris. So I presume the system is pretty clear.

We dont (as a rule) suffer too much with limescale here either - so i think ill risk not using them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back