Thermostatic wall mounted bath / shower mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have recently moved, and have inherited this mixer on the wall:

The bath / shower tap is fine, but the temperature has ceased up. I haven't tried very hard to free it, but talking to the others in the block with the same tap suggests they all have the same problem regularly (the water is very hard and full of limescale). I wanted to ask if:

a) a different model of tap will be less prone to this sort of problem
b) it will be (relatively) easy for a plumber to fit it, without having to make a mess of the tiles etc.

Any help will be really appreciated - I don't know where to go with this issue.

James

Sponsored Links
Your shower looks very much like a rubinetterie, does it have IB scribed on the face plate ? if it does then a standard crosswater thermostatic valve can be fitted without any damage to the tiles.

Hi, picasso - thanks so much for your reply. I can't find anything scribed on it. Irrespective of exactly which shower this is, are some better at dealing with limescale type issues like this? I don't mind spending some money if its a longer term fix, but if its going to be a money pit of calling out plumbers to fit various bits I should probably get used to it.

Thanks,

James

Sponsored Links
Try www.showerdoc.com to identify your shower, cartridges on average are about £100 plus fitting and should give you a few more years out of your shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back