This a stupid question I know but

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is there any way apart from having a combi boiler fitted that I could do away with my large loft tank that supplies the hot water tank in the hall.
I would have thought that someone would make a device that that could reduce the pressure enough to supply the hot water from the mains. I know there are problems with cross contamination but I can't see it would be that difficult.
We have had two problems over the last ten years where ceilings have collapsed due to leaks and ballcocks. It is very hard to work on as its in a very awkward position so would love to get rid of it.
I know that it's unlikely as I have googled for such a way of doing it but thought I'd ask the experts.

Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
Yes - it's call an unvented cylinder. It's connected, via a pressure reducing valve, directly to the mains pressure. So you can get rid of the tank, and just have the hot water store. When/if mains pressure stops, your water stops. These type of cylinders are installed by a specific type of plumber (G3, I understand) and it needs regular servicing/testing.

Nozzle

Ok thanks for that. I'll ask my local plumber if he can do it.

Thanks again

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back