This new generation.....jeez.

Because it has built in email, Twitter and Facebook, wtf that's all about:)

Utterly ridiculous. How dare you come on here telling us that you are buying or not buying a car for your daughter. You should knock up a go cart out of old boxes and some pram wheels with a bit of string for the steering and see how she gets on with that.

I'm joking of course. :D

Ok. I'm not into farcebook or tw@tter but I did buy my vehicle based on the fact that it had an in-built sat-nav.

Sponsored Links
Because it has built in email, Twitter and Facebook, wtf that's all about:)

Utterly ridiculous. How dare you come on here telling us that you are buying or not buying a car for your daughter. You should knock up a go cart out of old boxes and some pram wheels with a bit of string for the steering and see how she gets on with that.

I'm joking of course. :D

Ok. I'm not into farcebook or tw@tter but I did buy my vehicle based on the fact that it had an in-built sat-nav.

My 2nd car was a Mini, I was so chuffed when I learnt it had a locking fuel cap.:)

Indirectly relates to the thread, but we have now had to sack two apprentices, as instead of helping the engineer they are with and trying to learn, they are just glued to their phones all day typing away!! - can't seem to keep their eyes off Facebook and twitter for a microsecond.....

Indirectly relates to the thread, but we have now had to sack two apprentices, as instead of helping the engineer they are with and trying to learn, they are just glued to their phones all day typing away!! - can't seem to keep their eyes off Facebook and twitter for a microsecond.....

That really bugs me but it's not confined to the yoof, unfortunately.

I get quite irate when you have to wait to be served cos the assistant is texting etc.
Phones Should be banned from some workplaces.

Sponsored Links
They were both warned more than once as well Terry - didn't make any difference.
Obviously, keeping tabs on Facebook and Twitter was more important than having a job!! - Go figure.......?

Obviously, keeping tabs on Facebook and Twitter was more important than having a job!! - Go figure.......?
Chap in this village answered yet another call on his mobile phone while at work in the shop. It was his boss with a summons to the office upstairs. He was lucky, a severe warning and he now leaves his phone in the office while he is at work.

I have known 'yoofs' to ring in sick, then boast on farcebook about how they went out last night and got smashed. Oblivious to the fact that others in the company also spend half their day on farcebook and can read all about it.

With people like that, you can hardly blame some companies for employing hard working East Europeans! :confused:

As above, tough love is the way to go but as i get older (like all of us) i love the kids so much and want nothing but good things for them (like all of us) that we are off to get my ex's oldest a new yellow car.

Its to fulfill a promise (that she agreed to aged 10) that if she stayed away from smoking, drinking and, above all, drugs then she would get a new car when she went to college. I'm so, so proud of her. Thro all the turmoil of a teenage girl's life - she did it.

Yeah, i'm spoiling her - but, in the best possible way, she's worked for the yellow car and to my mind thoroughly deserves it.

And like the OP, i want her to have the security of a reliable car, comprehensively covered in every way.

Yeah, i'm spoiling her - but, in the best possible way, she's worked for the yellow car and to my mind thoroughly deserves it.
I'm sure she does. Just out of interest, did she ask specifically for a YELLOW car, regardless of the make or model? That's how women see cars, of course! :LOL:

Don't mind Joe. Sometimes he's great; other times he's a wind-up merchant!

female driver, early thirties, in a Chelsea Tractor stopped for texting while driving. Her arrogant comment was that she was perfectly safe as her car was one of the safest to be in should it be involved in an accident. Sadly it was not a police officer who stopped her so she escaped any legal action but the message that she was a total idiot was got across to her in a way that a police officer would not be allowed to use..

other times he's a wind-up merchant!
joke ah.jpg

JBR,
Many colors were reviewed starting with purple but sanity prevailed, and yellow was seen as sensible.

Sponsored Links
Back