Thomsons waterproofing product

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of applying Thomson's waterproofing (either standard or superior) to facing red concrete overlapping tiles that you normally find on surrounding dormer / chalet construction bedrooms.

There is one corner mid-way up property where facing tiles appear to allow damp to get through. I'm guessing that this is due to either heavy rain or because the felting beneath tiles is starting to fray and decompose through age.

My questions:

(a) Is Thomson's waterproofing a sensible way to go, either as a temporary or permanent measure?

(b) Should I instead be getting new felting fitted by competent roofer because property dates back to the late 70's. If so, what approximate basis for costing am I looking at, bearing in mind facing tiles need to be removed first and then replaced.

Many thanks. Howsthat.

Sponsored Links
Why are the tiles letting the water through?

Applying a waterseal is a waste of time and money!

Maybe post a pic if you can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back