tHORN FIRES/BACK BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I HAVE A THORN BACK BOILER WITH A WOODEN FIRE FRONT THAT IS 29 YEARS OLD AND READY TO REPLACE, I WANTED TO REPLACE IT WITH A BACK BOILER BUT CANNOT FIND ANY FIREFRONTS THAT DON'T LOOK AS THOUGH THEY CAME OUT OF THE ARK VIA BAXIBAMUDA!

I DON'T HAVE A HOT WATER CYLINDER WITH THE SYSTEM,I THINK THERE IS A HOT WATER TANK IN THE ATTIC,

WHAT OPTIONS DO I HAVE FOR REPLACING THE BOILER , IF I HAVE TO CHOOSE ANOTHER TYPE OF BOILER SYSTEM, WHICH WILL BE THE BEST WITHOUT THE MOST DISRUPTION TO THE EXISITNG SYSTEM, PIPES ETC.

THANKS TO THOSE WHO CAN REPLY

Sponsored Links
STOP SHOUTING Most likely i would suggest a combi with a poerflush & change rad valves etc

Even if you found a bbu with a fire front you liked, it is very unlikely you would be allowed to have it installed as it would need an exemption certificate because it would not be a condensing boiler and meet currect regs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back