Thorn Olympic 38 50b boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Issue with this boiler, basically the pilot light is on but the boiler stopped firing up last night. It is a very simple installation, just got two switches on the wall, one for hot water and both on for hot water and heating. The pump comes on but just doesn't fire up.

Got a plumber coming in tomorrow but wanted a heads up on what it might be in advance. I don't want him going down the new boiler route if this one is fixable.

Many thanks!

Simon

Sponsored Links
Not possible to guess from here, I'm afraid. It might be something quite simple and cheap, or simple but expensive, or simple but obsolete..
If the timer is the integral one on the lower right of the boiler, it could be that - they drop to bits.

Get the engineer in may be the internal timer, it can be replaced with a wall mounted one, it may be the boiler thermostat, again should be repairable or possibly the gas control could be at fault Honeywell V4600C is quite cheap to replace so unless there is something more sinister like a corroded flue duct or internal leakage your old cronk should be fixable P.S. I binned the Olympic 30/50 in my house about 15 years ago!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back