thrown in the towel!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,
I have officially thrown the towel in and declared i'm out on an alarm.
I have fitted a challenger ap11led alarm on a mates garage as a favour after it was broken into. All worked ok for a year until in my wisdom said I would fit an additional external sounder. All has gone to sh#t and even after removing wiring from second sounder it wont set.
Firstly has anyone got a wiring diagram for a second sounder to be installed as i cant find anything on the net and secondly would a factory reset take it back to working how it was originally?
Thirdly are there any available alarm engineers in the Poole area :rolleyes:
Thanks all

Sponsored Links
I'll bet a pound to a pinch of poo that you've mucked up the tamper connections and now you're stuck with a bell tamper.

If so, you have three choices:

1) Link out the bell tamper in the panel (really easy to do and absolutely the wrong thing),

2) Ignore the tamper on the second bell and wire the +, -, bell and strobe triggers in parallel (not ideal...),

3) Do it properly - read the leaflet that came with the bell. This usually requires you to set the second sounder as an SCB (rather than an SAB) and run the negative supply through the tamper return on the first bell.

A factory reset is unlikely to fix it AND you'll have to program the system up again. :(

Sponsored Links
Depending on the panel/bellbox this may be of use...

I set this up with two external sounders and 2 internal.

Ignore the two internal for your setup (top middle and top right).

Just done this with two Texecom Sounders, 5 cores to the 1st sounder A,B,C,D and S. First sounder jumper set to SAB.
Cable run from 1st sounder to 2nd sounder, like for like connections on 5 terminals A to A, B to B etc, one of the lid tamper wires connected to spare core in cable and connected to lid tamper on second sounder. Jumper set to SCB on this sounder all good.

Thanks everyone for your replies, sorry I've not updated sooner.
So after reading all the replies I went back in this week with a few ideas and eventually traced the fault to a blown aux fuse. Pir's had no voltage leaving the tamper as an open circuit.
I must of done this in my attempt to wire the second bell box which I still need to do!
I'll muster up some bravery before attempting that again!
Cheers everyone thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back