tile before or after fitting shower bi fold door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi just a quick one, i am doing the en suite and have fitted the resin shower tray per installation instructions, the bifold door has just been delivered and im.wonder if the i fit the door before or after tiling? i was thinking by fitting the door 1st it would give me a good line to start the tiling, i may be wrong tho. Or do i tile to the edge of the shower tray then drill through tile and fix to wall. i am tanking too.
any help is greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Tile First ..... then when you drill (to marked points) hold the drill and turn the chuck/ bit by hand to just penetrate the glaze - then drill through tile with NO hammer - when you're through the tile you can use hammer if needed(y)

Also avoid drilling into grout lines cos if the bit catches edge of a tile it'll usually crack

Sponsored Links
As others have said, tile first then fix the door, I like to use masking tape over the marked drilling points to stop the drill bit slipping.

I also only silicone the outside of the frame, so any water that finds its way in can easily drain out into the tray
Would like to hear others opinions on this though.

yep exactly that tile first and as pigeon says just silicone the outside as per the enclosures instructions. I always use diamond tile drills now, with a guide no slipping, or chance of cracking a tile.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back