Tile Vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I can get a tile vent for extraction that has a 160mm connector. All I can find are tiles that have 100mm or 125mm dia connectors. Our ducting to go out is 160mm.

Ideally to match 'Mixed Russet' Forticrete Gemini which is a browny/red.

Have called round many roofing stores, no luck.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have done, they only do a tile vent for 100mm

The only colours I've found to fit 160mm ducting are black, slate and terracotta. Nothing like our brown tiles. We need 2

Never seen one that size, I expect you'll end up with a lead slate,pipe and Mushroom cowl.

Sponsored Links
We got an ub19 from ubbink. They don't look as good but they have a low resistance. Make sure you get the adaptor and felt sleeve.
They have a version for most tiles but if not you have to use the universal one. Have a look.

Could I use the adaptor 160mm one end for the heat recovery ducting to plug into 100mm for the official Gemini vent tile? Is it that simple?

IMG_20161218_115722.jpg
In case it's useful, these are the ub19, just went up to take this photo of ours. These are on 16x9 tiles in our case.

Attachments

• IMG_20161218_115722.jpg
    IMG_20161218_115722.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 157
Could I use the adaptor 160mm one end for the heat recovery ducting to plug into 100mm for the official Gemini vent tile? Is it that simple?
The short answer is no, if you check the pressure/efficiency graph of the hrv and the pressure drop of the vent tile at nominal air flow you'll find it's probably about 50pa, where the recommended Max resistance of the whole hrv system will be around 100pa to get any reasonable efficiency. So all your resistance will be on the terminals already.
You have to keep the area of the vent over the whole length including terminals otherwise it's like having a tap that's half off and trying to get the same water out of it.
Apparently it's one of the common hrv defects, inappropriate terminals.

Thanks John, just got the same response from the hrv company.

Cant believe there is only terracotta & slate to chose from.

Wondering if I could paint/spray the tiles that the hrv co are supplying? Had a brand new roof and don't want to spoil it with 2 different coloured tiles.

They're supplying a single tile, but the geminis are tile & a halfs as well....

Out of interest, Nose who leadburns the slates ?
We either use the proprietary 'multislate' i.e. the one with the rubber centre or we have a company called The Lead Mill (Norton Canes) make them for us.

Wish I could burn lead.:(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back