Tiles slipped into valley

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. A couple of tiles have slipped down into the valley during a storm and now rain water has come through the ceiling in the spare bedroom. I have had an inspector from the insurance company out to look and he says that i dont have a claim. He had a camera on a long pole and looked at the damage and said that the tiles along the valley should be cemented in and as theres no mortar i cant claim. I have since had a quote from a roofer who says that the tiles shouldnt be cemented in. Does anyone think i have a claim for the insurance?
Thanks in advance.
Lee[/b]

Sponsored Links
Maybe he question should be, whos right? Should the tiles along the valley be cemented in? The quote from the roofer is £850 for scaffolding and removing 3 layers of tiles and replacing felt. Does this sound right? It seems excessive to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back