tiles tight to tile trim or leave gap and grout?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
having fun and games trying to tile our bathroom! I'm using square metal tile trim at the edges. I've read that people like to tile tight up to trim. If you do this surely water can leach through as there is no grout? especially as some of the tiles are cut and therefore are not dead straight.

any advice appreciated:)

Sponsored Links
Generally the trims would be in an area, that is not that likely to cause issues regarding water ingress, tile tight to the trim!

thats great point, thanks....

but what happens if you want to put trim in an area that gets water? I've got a fitted cabinet that ends on to the bath so water will splash onto that outside corner with the trim on it...

Pictures would help visualise what you have.
In situations where trims or are located in an area exposed to potential ingress, I tend to get some adhesive between tile and trim and as yet not had any come backs.

Sponsored Links
sorry theres no pics, I think I will just butt them up and possibly glue as you say, as even though this particular corner is near the bath its not as if it gets water constantly etc...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back