tiling around a toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, im currently tiling my bathroom floor with 2x2" tiles, im going to have to tile around the toilet base i know it makes sense to make templates, but which would be the best type of cutter to use on small tiles that need curves etc....what is a nibbler best used for? thanks for any advice :confused:

Sponsored Links
Ideally you should lift the pan & tile under it but if you can't then nibblers will be OK.

Jason

hi, thankyou, i tried lifting the toilet pan but it theres not enough room for it unless i have the flange raised which would cost a pretty penny for a plumber to do....thanks will invest in a pair of nibblers! ;)

Sponsored Links
hi, its a concrete floor, ive laid all the tiles except round the toilet as yet

That's alright then. I was just checking it wasn't on floorboards. Was doing some work in a house this week where the previous owner had just tiled straight onto the floorboards in the bathroom...... surprise surprise the grout has cracked and the tiles move about all over the place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back