Tiling Around a Window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi;

I am about to tile around a UPVC window. I'll only be tiling the bottom third.
What is the best method for dealing with the point where the main wall meets the window edge (Reveal?)

Should I tile so that the edge of the tile on the window reveal sits flush with the edge of the wall or should I plan it so that it sticks out a tad just enough to cover the wall tile and its adhesive?

Or should I try to plan it so that the wall tile covered the edge of the tile on the reveal this would mean however spacing my wall tiles slightly wider to avoid a very thin tile at the join of the two main walls.

Or should I make each tile sit flush with the edge and run grout down the corner?

I am using 4 inch tiles.

Sponsored Links
Aha;

There's always something for every job.
I'll have a look around.
Any good tutoriasl?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Ok, in my rush to get things finished Iv'e now got a problem with the window.

Using a guage stick I marked out my tiles and tried to get the bottom row behind the sink worktop laid out so that my vertical tiles either side of the window would line up with the edge of the window reveal. This would allow me to install some Homelux trim on the tiles on the window reveal so the trim would cover them nicely.

However best laid plans and all that after fixing the tiles when I got to the edge of the window they don't line up AGGH!!

What I have now is a gap either side of the window about 10mm.

Is there such a thing as a corner strip that would cover this error?

However best laid plans and all that after fixing the tiles when I got to the edge of the window they don't line up AGGH!!

What I have now is a gap either side of the window about 10mm.

Is there such a thing as a corner strip that would cover this error?

Not that Ive seen,any chance of a pic so we can better advise?

nothing on the market i have heard of mate,sorry. try putting a pic up then maybe someone could come up with an idea to help you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back