tiling around/behind electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Renovating our bathroom and theres an electric shower above the bath and its flush with the plaster wall behind. Basically we're wondering whether to take the shower off the wall and tile behind it or to tile around it and use sealant.
Personally i favour tiling around it because the pipe that comes out of the wall goes directly into the back of the shower (i.e. none is visible at present) and i reckon that if we lift the shower away from the wall we might have to do some funky modifications to get the mains pipe to reach the appropriate connector in the shower. Also messing around with electric showers means getting an electrician in at some point doesn't it? However, my sister reckons we should do a proper job while the bathroom is in pieces and therefore wants to go through the extra work.

Is it worth it?

Sponsored Links
Yeah you should do a proper job. You'll more than likely need to replace the shower before you re-tile and you can guarantee that that new one won't be the same size, so your tiles won't fit.
A little work now will make a far superior job and save hassle in the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back