tiling bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just skimmed my bathroom for tiling, i have noticed after sqaring bath off that ther is a quarter inch gap between bath and wall , is there away of getting around this when i start to tile .

Sponsored Links
i have just skimmed my bathroom for tiling, i have noticed after sqaring bath off that ther is a quarter inch gap between bath and wall , is there away of getting around this when i start to tile .

you could always square the wall up properly mate before you begin to tile , failing that you could build the wall out using a powdered adhesive,

whats the size and thickness of the tiles you are using ? you may possibly be able to get away with just a bit more adhesive on the wall or even back butter your tile

I had a similar issue - to resolve it I mixed up some tile adhesive using a slightly thicker consistancy, then applied the tiles to the wall with a thicker skim of adhesive on the wall so as to bring out the tile. You might need some tape to hold the tile to the tile above it (assuming the tile above was set a day before) to stop the tile sliding down the wall.

Sponsored Links
I had a similar issue - to resolve it I mixed up some tile adhesive using a slightly thicker consistancy, then applied the tiles to the wall with a thicker skim of adhesive on the wall so as to bring out the tile. You might need some tape to hold the tile to the tile above it (assuming the tile above was set a day before) to stop the tile sliding down the wall.

there is a problem doing it that way, plaster skim actually takes LESS weight than plasterboard, adding more adhesive to the tiles adds more weight, therefore there is a better chance of the tiles coming down or ya plaster and tiles coming away

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back