Tiling inside a shower cubicle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to be fitting a shower and shower enclosure where a doorway used to be. Just want to check to see what this might entail.

Will I be able to tile straight onto the plaster board where I've blocked in the door and boxed in the pipework or will I need to put aquapanel over the plaster board or would anyone actually use aquapanel alone to box in the pipework?

One more numpty question :oops: : should I tile the inside of the shower before the enclosure is fitted or after?

It's a D-shaped shower enclosure so only one section needs tiling.

Sponsored Links
for a long life performance use aquapanel instead of plasterboard within the shower enclosure. always tile first fit enclosure second.

it is sometimes wise to include either noggings or an upright timber within the studwork frame, upon which the enclosure could be fixed through into later on. ;)

Thanks for the reply noseall :D

One more thing, would the tiling sit inside of the edge of the enclosure frame or would the enclosure need to attach to the tiling?

Fit tray, tile complete walls then fit enclosure and only mastic where shown on shower instructions - usually not inside the cubicle.

Jason

Sponsored Links
noseall said:
it is sometimes wise to include either noggings or an upright timber within the studwork frame, upon which the enclosure could be fixed through into later on. ;)
Excellent advice.

cheers gcol.

we sometimes are involved in just about all the trades when building an extension, so are always 'in sympathy' with subsequent trades.

the problem with most builds is there is always someone to blame. the bricky blames the digger driver when the footings are out, the chippy blames the bricky when the casings are out, the plumber blames the plasterer for filling his pipe ends etc, etc.

if you yourself are the next trade then you only have yourself to blame. :eek: :D

as the above forgot to say ...:)

Tank the shower enclosure , a must ;)

I've heard this tanking phrase before but not entirely sure what it means. Does it mean waterproofing :oops: ? Is that necessary with aqua panel?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back