Tiling onto 25mm ply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have removed the flooring in my bath room and have layed 25mm WPB ply down.

I have sealed the underside and the edges of the ply and screwed the ply at 50mm centrs. I will be laying tiles directly to the ply in a wet room. Should I seal the ply before I lay the tiles or will the flexi waterproof tile adhesive be enough?. I will be using a tanking kit around the joints of the ply etc.

Sponsored Links
If your "wet room" means the same as my wet room then you will need a wet room floor tanking kit.
Dont jump the gun, read Mfr's instructions on google before selecting and fixing a suitable kit.

I personally would have used a tile backer board instead of the ply, however, whats done is done.........Definitely tank the ply, walls ect with a tanking solutions, using the tape in the kit of the joins, both on the floor and on the walls. I would then use an S2 tile adhesive, which would be highly flexible, and also a flexible grout.

Sponsored Links
With Lee on this but heed Vinn and his advice. Manufacturer might specify an individual brand but might not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back