tiling over cracked plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have had my bathroom replastered and down one corner which has cracked line about half a metre long, only a few mm thick, as i am having the walls tiled shortly do i need to worry about this ?. or will the tile adhesive sort this out?

Sponsored Links
Tap the plaster with your knuckle - if it sounds hollow it needs replacing. If not, it'll be fine.
hello, as long as the tiler bonds the walls before they start tiling and if you wont to be 100% with it scrim tape & apply it will pva. you will be ok

Sponsored Links
Is this an external corner you are talking about? You said it is over a skim bead. If this is an external corner and you say the plaster is cracking up the side of the bead, then check if the corner bead has been fixed on with nails or just bedded on with skim. If it has just been bedded on with skim plaster, then in the worst case scenario, the thin coat corner bead could be coming away from the corner of the wall, hence the crack, in which case you are tiling over a bead that is coming loose. Just a thought.

Roughcaster.

Rough mate, forget replying to this geezer, he's dragging up loads of old posts and trying to get business by leaving his mobile number.

But then, why do I give a f*ck? I'm off to bed - this site's supposed to have moderators for this kind of thing. Oh, I forgot, they're too busy deleting and locking posts by Joe-90. :rolleyes:

Mods,
Will you please keep an eye on m.t.s. Itd. This person is digging up old posts. Even leaving mobile no's.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back