Tilting Tap

S

Shutpa

Plumber came in an hour and a quarter ago to fit a tap to a vanity units and connect to existing h&c feeds via shutdown off valves already in place. Decided that for ease of access he would fit the tap to the unit sink while it was in the centre of the floor and then install the unit. Ten minutes ago he walked out after trying a dozen or so times to instal the tap without it leaning to one side. He just said "Sorry, I can't get this right, you'll have to get someone else" and he left. So I tried, and I couldn't fit it without the 'lean' either. Any ideas guys?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the deck of the unit is not flat, or the hole is too big for the tap you are using.

A photo might help.

Problem solved. Just discovered that the groove for the rubber seal in the ring at the tap base, varies in depth from about 1mm to about 2mm resulting in the exposed seal being much thicker at one side. Removed the seal and replaced it with a rubber washer- problem solved.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back