Timber Cabin - Should I be worried?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just had a timber cabin built around 2 weeks ago.

where two of the panels meet in the middle on one of the ends of the building its become wet. thers no sign of drips, but can only assume its becasue of the torrential rain weve been having up.

ive still yet to waterseal it, but becuase its been raining i havent been able to. this is a pic of the offending panels, but before the rain kicked in. im due to put some electrics in this weekend but im a bit worried that its going to get worse even after ive treated it.

DSC_0009.jpg

any advice/help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
yep needs treating to stop the water
as a quick temporary fix lean a sheet off 8x4ft [6 or 12mm] exterior ply against the wall this will seal it in the short term and iff you paint within a week or 2 the ply will then be fine [when dry] to be used to clad the onside

another thought do you have cover fillets on the other joins like a strip about 35x15mm ish

im hoping to get it treated this weekend.

there are strips on the joins. i need to take these off so i can treat the whole timber.

how long roughly would it take to dry out? & can i waterseal when the wood is wet. i have got some thompsons...

is there a cover fillet on the wet joint!!

just go ahead and treat 'the outside will be as dry as the surounding wood and thats what your painting

Sponsored Links
yes there is a cover ove the joint but its obviously got behind it. the external clad is 38mm logboard.

cheers for your advice

might the rain be running down the gable end and getting behind the cover fillet?

yes it is that JohnD just had a quick look. and still the rain comes down just to annoy me. to be honest its not really that bad, just me being worried i reckon.

i just hope that sooner rather than later i can get it treated. at the moment, im called this part of the project 'weathering in'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back