Time for a new van...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Things are starting to go wrong with my 5yo Citroen Dispatch and I'm thinking it might be more efficient to trade her in rather than start spending money on her.

I liked the look of the Nissan NV400 and popped down to have a look at one this afternoon. The salesman told me that it's exactly the same as the Renault Master (new one) but the Renault is cheaper (or has more deals available).

What I'm after is -
Musts:
o LWB, Medium / High Roof
o Semi Auto / DSG
o 2 side doors
o Air con
o 6 speed
o 120ps min
o Cruise Control

Would be nice to have:

o Rear view camera
o Bluetooth / Satnav
o Amber lights front and back
o Front fogs

I do about 20-30k miles a year.

Not sure whether to lease / contract hire or try and get something a year old or so.

Can anyone share any experience with nearly new / new vans and perhaps suggest an alternative that meets the list above?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
That sure seems one specd' up van, are you sure they exist? ;)

My company van is currently a '59' plate dispatch, most horrible van i've ever had :evil: , cant' wait till lease is up, just out of interest how many times have you had the EGR valve replaced, some of the other engineers are having them done every service and once in between

hi crank, can't say I've had any issues with the EGR valve. The airbag suspension pump went a few times but this was covered under warranty. The dual mass fly wheel is disintegrating I think, it used to rattle really badly a year or so ago, this has quietened down now though. She's overdue a new cambelt, and I'm waiting for the clutch to go (plus the DM flywheel). Air con condenser went at the start of the summer, but I swapped that out pronto :) Also I changed the intercooler a month or so ago. Now the springs are going at the front so I'm getting to the point where I think it's going to be a money pit...

Plus I spend half my life my van so I don't mind spending a bit of money on a nice model :p

Sound like it really is time to get rid, once out of warranty they become expensive it seems, my last service cost over a grand, discs and pads all round (it seems to require these every service), 2 tyres, fuel cooler, and a few bits and bobs + labour. Warranty at the same time took care of major oil leak (crank end seal), DM flywheel, complete clutch, both wishbones.

Don't think we're having french vans again lol!

Sponsored Links
ouch!

all seems like false economy overall.

surely it makes sense to pay extra each month and enjoy the benefits of a warranty, no MOT and tax deductible payments (and a nice new van to drive around in!) - without the sword of Damacles dangling above you, every time you hear a rattle / see some smoke!

Volkswagen Transporter. Got mine brand new on lease purchase, best thing I ever did!

My six year old Phase 1 Trafic will not tick all your boxes, but, it is a LWB (easy get 8x4' sheets in), its got 140 Hp, and has the semiauto box.

The auto gear shift robotised gear change thingie went at 40k miles, £2700

:eek: to replace........

Otherwise its OK.

DH

Sponsored Links
Back