Tips painting mock tudor house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am planning to repaint my house and looking for a few small tips...

When some of the roughcast was replaced the builder I used managed to damage the soffit right up where it meets the wall under the eaves. Can anyone recommend what I can use to repair this damage without it all falling out and making a mess?

Under the eaves everything has been painted white gloss. Was considering using a detail sander to prepare for painting, would anyone suggest anything else? I noticed paintwork between some of the boards are cracking, what would you use to repair?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Howard

Sponsored Links
Can you post a pic of the damage - quite hard to suggest how to fix it without seeing what the damage looks like.

If it's the actual wood that's damaged, and it's dry and otherwise sound, then a bit of 2-pack filler would repair any holes etc, and will go off in the cold a lot quicker than something water based. Once dry it can be sanded with the rest of the woodwork, as you say, with your detail sander. Can't really see the cracking in the paint, but unless it's really bad it's probably just a bit of movement where the pieces have expanded/contracted naturally, and when you over paint it the paint will seal in the cracks.

Maybe somebody else will know better about the roughcast if that needs any filling/repair, as I'd probably just plug any holes with stones and 2-pack them in while I was up there!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tip! Will give the filler a go, fingers crossed I can keep most of it off the floor ;)

Thanks for the tip! Will give the filler a go, fingers crossed I can keep most of it off the floor ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back