Tips please on replacing quarter glass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for tips on replacing quarter glass in my car. My misses locked the keys and the baby in it so I had to smash the front passenger quarter glass of my seat Leon 09 plate. I have managed to find a replacement on eBay but have no idea how to fit it. Is it an easy job? Do I need any kind of sealant? Any advice would be appreciated as it's something I have never done before.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Bonded in, so there is still glass stuck to the mounting channel? If so remove the surrounding trim (clipped on) and clean all the broken glass and sealant off, using a sharp edge. Be careful not to mark the surrounding body work. Use masking tape to protect paintwork if you need to.
Using windscreen sealer, apply a full seal to the mounting edge and place the glass into position. Use small pieces of cardboard (folded) or timber to get the clearance around the glass even so the surrounding trim fits properly. replace the trim just before the sealant fully hardens, that way you can move the glass to get it fitting.
Like anything do plenty of practice runs, before you apply the sealant.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+replace+a+bonded+windscreen

Sponsored Links
Back