to go from the living room to the bedroom through the garage

Previously the owner obtained a planning permission to do work on its ground floor but it has not developed his ground floor in accordance with the planning permission
Then the PP he received is null and void.

The problem is that when the Council granted this lawful development certificate it was not aware that this owner did not developed his garage according to the previous planning permission
Then the LDC he received is null and void.

My question is could this house really be a single dwelling house with its occupiers forced to go through this garage each time they want to go from one room to another room
Of course not.

and if there is not also an issue of health & safety and of UK building regulation
Yes to both.

[EDIT]Minor typo corrected[/EDIT]

Sponsored Links
However the reason why I am concerned is irrelevant because what matter is the law. I heard also that a house is a single dwelling house according to the law and to the balance of probability.
You heard correctly.

So the issue is whether a house where the occupiers have to go through the garage each time they want to move one room to the other is likely to be a single dwelling house or not
Not. Without a shadow of doubt.

and there is also the issue of Health & Safety which concern pollutants from the car, fire and psychological problem because the lack of space etc....
Also very real issues which involve contraventions of the Building Regulations.

There is also the issue of Health & Safety which concerns pollutants from the car which are swallowed by the occupiers of this house each time they want to go from one room to another,
A shocking breach of Part F of the Building Regulations. The council have no choice but to act.

fire escape due to the garage in the middle of the bedroom and the exit door
A shocking breach of Part B of the Building Regulations. The council have no choice but to act.

and psychological problem because the lack of space due to occupiers having to squeeze themselves between the car and the garage each time they move from one rooms to another rooms etc....
These too are issues which are material for the The housing, health and safety rating system (HHSRS)

Sponsored Links
if this house is not a single dwelling house it does not have permitted development rights and as explained in my previous threads the owner has no right to insert translucent windows without full planning permission
It is not and he does not.

The council must act.

Thank you for supporting me by telling me that I am right. It will be good if you substantiate what you say by putting forward pieces of legislation or previous cases as example.

Completely unnecessary.

Just go forth, with confidence, and do battle with the planners and Building Control.

In order that you may devote as much time and effort to it as it will undoubtedly need you are hereby exempted from ever posting here again.

Why are you so concerned?

Because he's always concerned that others around him are getting away with something that he isn't. The only time Auction ever posts is when he's looking to screw someone over or dob them in

Thanks for this link, BAS - it saved me having to type out my previous (and I feel, still-relevant) advice to Auction:

cjard said:
you again.. first time you showed up you were looking to make some trouble for a neighbour who put a window in his house.. next time you appeared you wanted us to summarise the Access To Neighbouring Land Act because a neighbour was refusing to let you on his land.. now you're back looking to make trouble for another neighbour?

has it crossed your mind that your neighbours might not heed your opinions, make efforts to have a compromising relationship with you, or help you out with your own housing needs because you're always looking for ways of being a **** to them?

For the exceptionally hard of thinking as you seem to be, Auction, if you're wondering what word diynot has helpfully starred out there above I suggest you take the letters from your forum nickname, set the O, I and A to one side and then rearrange the remaining letters to form a word

There has been an important development.

The owner of this house after having made just two years ago an lawful development certificate application to have his block of flats amalgamated into a single dwelling house to obtain permitted development rights to insert windows with clear glasses without the need of a full planning permission has just now made a planning permission application to have his house split again into flats.

This is further evidence that he misled the planning department because he never had any intention to use his house as a single dwelling house and that he wanted only to overcome a planning condition imposed on a previous planning permission which says that the windows had to have obscured glasses to prevent overlooking because he wanted to insert windows with clear glasses.

The issue is how can I explain this to the planning department to have these windows with clear glasses finally removed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back