To wallpaper or not to wallpaper that is the question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all! Those that have wallpaper in their house....
Last year I painted my living room in a Matt cream paint. What a silly decision!
One year on and my walls are full of dirty marks I have a 4 year old so you could imagine.

Now I have two options 1 paint in silk paint or two wallpaper my entire living room at the moment I just have wallpaper on my feature wall.

There's a washable wallpaper that I am in love with its white with shimmery silver trees.

i'd like some advise as I do not want to redecorate in a years time again,
Those with wallpaper how clean do the walls keep? Have you had Any trouble?
How easy is it to get rid of dirty marks? Is having wallpaper easier up keep them painted walls?

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
Washable/scrubbable vinyl wallpapers are relatively hardwearing and can take some abuse but not anywhere as much as a silk emulsion or acrylic eggshell, so that would be my personal recommendation.

I'd go for acrylic eggshell - the problem with wallpaper is that it goes out of fashion and children still contrive to tear/damage it. Vinyls are harder wearing but I'd still go for paint in a family/living room. If it gets really grubby, just touch it up.

Or don't allow the kids in until they've washed their hands!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back