Toaster, 2 or 4 slices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I put on my 4 slice toaster on this morning and put in 2 slices of bread in then switched the 4 setting knob to 2 setting for 2 slice of bread.

Wife: What are you doing ? leave it on 4 setting knob position, it will only heat the first 2 slot and the other 2 won't come on.

Me: Then what the point of having 2 slice knob setting ? :confused:

Wife: Stop giving me a hard time :!:

Me: :confused: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Possibly the result of trying to make 4 slices in the past, only to find it had been set on 2 slices afterwards... That would be annoying! :mad:

I think that there really are differences in male logic and female logic, what seems like common sense to them seems a bit odd to us, and what is common sense seems a bit odd to them. Like the whole toilet seat issue...

I always put the whole seat down, lid and all. I still would get complaints from women though. I ask "What is the benefit of just having the seat down? It won't stop your tooth brush falling in there!". So why do they want the seat down? If anything it is more logical to keep it up, and I can prove that it is really in the interests of women the world over to leave the seat up:

1) Man generally taller than woman, hence more bending required to lower seat
2) Man generally required to do more manual tasks (building stuff and carrying heavy things)
3) Bending = back trouble.

So, by insisting on toilet seats being left down, women are subjecting themselves to a reduction in productivity from their husbands. :D If anyone (especially any women here, Lisa? :D ) can come up with a satisfactory reason why the seat should be left down WITHOUT the lid (not "it looks nicer") then I will eat my hat.

Sponsored Links
The toilet seat should always be put down completely, before flushing. Otherwise the unseen cloud of germs etc which is agitated by the flush, lands right on your toothbrush.

Still can't get my boyfriend to do it, though :rolleyes:

....Now I wouldn't mind if was JUST the toilet seat thing, (not that I understand what that's all about mind) but it's not, it's a whole host of other things with women too......

When they clean, they have this urge to move things into new locations. The suite, the TV, the bed, the wardrobe, the contents of kitchen cupboards. What's all that about?

I literally came home from working nights one early doors and went to sit on the edge of the bed to dispense with my socks, only to land with a thud on the deck....because during the previous evening's 'spring clean' when it happened to be November by the way, she had taken it on her self to re-locate the bed!

Why??!! The room didn't look any cleaner! Next time, i'll just switch the b.room light on, and when she wakes up I'll tell her...'Just wanted to check that the bed is still there dear'

But if I do she'll just tut, whisper an expletive and mutter something about 'getting 2 doctors at this time of the morning to sign the forms'

Don't talk to me about womens logic.......

masona said:
I put on my 4 slice toaster on this morning and put in 2 slices of bread in then switched the 4 setting knob to 2 setting for 2 slice of bread.

Wife: What are you doing ? leave it on 4 setting knob position, it will only heat the first 2 slot and the other 2 won't come on.

Me: Then what the point of having 2 slice knob setting ? :confused:

Wife: Stop giving me a hard time :!:

Me: :confused: :rolleyes:
the solution is simple, put 4 slices in eat 2 of them and strap the other 2 on the back of a cat!

Alternative lift idea then, plug cat in instead of toaster!

be careful though as it might end up as a CATapult

ninebob said:
Otherwise the unseen cloud of germs etc which is agitated by the flush, lands right on your toothbrush.

Isn't there actually a British Dental Association guideline on this? I believe that the minimum suggested distance to keep an unprotected toothbrush from a toilet is 6 feet.

Yes, there is a rule for everything :D

My goodness, any bathroom i've had, that would mean it would have to be outside the door.
Small bathrooms can be a downer, but one I had, you could do all the jobs at the same time - showering was a bit messy whilst on the loo, but you know what I mean.

Anton said:
Don't talk to me about womens logic.......

And what is it with women and bedrooms? Bedroom - a room with a bed in it, maybe a wardrobe… possibly a chair to fling your kecks over. A place to go to sleep. A place where you spend most of your time with your eyes tight shut. (Sometimes, even when you're not asleep.) So why all the unnecessary furniture? Why all those cushions and frills? Photos, soft toys, ornaments (Why have ornaments anyway? Anywhere?) and, of course, the dreaded dressing table. Why do they need a dressing table in the bedroom when they’ve already filled the bathroom with stuff? (And, come on girls, why do you have to keep every bottle of everything you ever bought, with just a few millimetres of their contents left in the bottom?)

I’m sorry, I have to go and lie down now… once I’ve removed the three hundred cuddly bunnies from the bed.

As a bachelor I do like girls' rooms. It's great, makes a real change from the male "form through function" approach. But I like girls' pants too... doesn't mean I want to wear them. Apart from at the occasional stag party or rugger dinner.

I had a brilliant girls' room for a while: when I moved up here I spent the first few months living at my godparents' "cottage"... I put cottage in quotation marks because that was what they called it, but it was really more of a 16th century mansion that just happened to have a thatched roof. :eek:

Aaaanyway, the bedroom I had there was marvelous. A chaise long (spelling?) here, a sofa there, even a bed! To be honest, all I ever used the chaise long for was chucking my clothes on... but I had the option to lounge on it.

Apparently they have this kind of stuff in girls' loos too. No wonder the queues are so long, there's only one toilet, the rest of the room is filled with cushions!

On the positive side of being a bachelor, there is nothing to stop me installing a plasma screen at the opposite end of the room to my bed... other than the distinct lack of £2K to spend on a bedroom telly :D

AdamW said:
On the positive side of being a bachelor, there is nothing to stop me installing a plasma screen at the opposite end of the room to my bed... other than the distinct lack of £2K to spend on a bedroom telly :D

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave previously; bedrooms - rooms with beds in. For sleeping... maybe the odd sh*g. No tellies. Everybody knows you have to watch telly from a leather recliner. With a nearby fridge.

dingbat said:
I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave previously; bedrooms - rooms with beds in. For sleeping... maybe the odd sh*g. No tellies. Everybody knows you have to watch telly from a leather recliner. With a nearby fridge.

Ah master, there is still much for me to learn. You must teach me the ways of Dingbat-style :D

Sponsored Links
Back