Todays Rant!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few years back, Bristol had a vote on having a mayor, some efin idiotic numbskull cast a vote for Red Trousers, power has obviously gone to his head, we were told there was to be 20mph zones in the city, good idea for residential back roads, they've put them up all over the place, main arterial routes ! Result of which I'm now using more derv so I presume the "Green City" is becoming more polluted, beware! This might be coming to a town near you!!

Sponsored Links
Yes derv is diesel. Stands for 'Diesel Engine Road Vehicle'

Diesel is the engine type, the mixture is ignited with the compressed gasses self combusting, if memory serves me correctly 22/1 as opposed to 10/1 for petrol engines, the design was the brainchild of Herr Diesel.

Sponsored Links
Yanks call petrol GAS , so anyone know what they call LPG ,Gas powered vehicle.

A few experimental internal combustion engines were put to a selection board to choose the most suitable type.

The judges picked a couple and said Dese' ll do the job.

Yanks call petrol GAS , so anyone know what they call LPG ,Gas powered vehicle.

Wouldn't have thought they need to bother with LPG too much, seeing as their petrol is a lot cheaper than ours. Maybe in the future though.

A few years back, Bristol had a vote on having a mayor, some efin idiotic numbskull cast a vote for Red Trousers, power has obviously gone to his head, we were told there was to be 20mph zones in the city, good idea for residential back roads, they've put them up all over the place, main arterial routes ! Result of which I'm now using more derv so I presume the "Green City" is becoming more polluted, beware! This might be coming to a town near you!!

It's a bloody nightmare. I'm ignoring it, as it's unworkable.

Firstly, if you stick at 20 mph, some rep or W V Man will be up your behind.

Secondly, some roads seem to be 20, others 30. So you can literally be driving down a 30 road, turn into a 20 road, back into a 30.......and so on. If I have to keep looking out for signs all the time to know what the limit is, I can't be concentrating on the road properly.

I've found that most others ignore the limits. Although, with the volume of traffic in Bristol, getting up to 20 is a bit too ambitious at certain times.

From what I've heard and read about that man, my considered opinion is that he's a bit of a prat.

I can only assume that when his time is up, sensible people will vote to kick him out. If, on the other hand, they vote to keep him in, they cannot be 'sensible people'.

Sponsored Links
Back