ToIlet button flushed away

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Two years ago my toilet flush button popped up. It continued to do this despite us constantly pushing it back down.

We rectified this by taking the spring out. However, my five year old son thought it would be a good idea to flash the whole button down the toilet.

I have no idea how to fix it or where to buy a new one. The toilet is a Twyfords about 7 years old.

Help.

Sponsored Links
Post a pic or two; someone here may be able to ID the part.

Otherwise you'll need a new flush mechanism.

Sponsored Links
20160927_220500.jpg
20160927_220500.jpg

Yh deffo a siamp I agree with madrab , plumbcenter do the optima 40 pack which will have that button in . Weather you can just get the bottom is a different story

The link is to a supplier that will send just the bottom (button lol), @ £7.64 plus p&p though just for the button is a bit mighty IMO.
Lmao bloody auto correct , I would suggest that that button is only for a single full flush and not a dual half flush , not sure which one was on there though imo

Well given that there's only one spindle in the old button I took a guess that it's a single flush

The siamp dual flush has just one spindle mate , just when u push the big flush on the button , it pushes the single spindle a couple of mm further than what it would on a single flush

Ahah, of course, didn't really ever get in that far with them, always just been a replacement the few I've come across.

Hi guys...thanks for this. The button did have a smaller arc shaped button on it come to think of it. Should I be looking for a different one now. Also how do I fit it when I receive it. I can't even lift the lid of the toilet up.

Turn the button anti-clockwise this will release it from the mechanism and allow you to take lid off , if it had the smaller arced shape button then you would of most probs have a dual flusher , optima 49 from plumbcenter , they may even have some spare buttons around

Hi

Got one on order. Just to confirm when I get it, I turn the old one anti clockwise then lift lid off. Take old one out and screw new one ....turn clockwise. Is it that easy? ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back