Toilet cistern overflow pipe??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've had a builder in who I consequentl got shot of , can't go into it, far too long.

Anyways on tiling my bathroom the other day I have notice that they hadn't allowed for an over flow pipe to come out of the wall. Ass my toilet is 5ft from the wall and tiled, is there any other way I can sort this problem out, without having to rip my partion & tiles out and drill a hole in the wall.

Can it be fed in to the toilet pan etc?

I hope this reads right! :confused:

Thanks in advance

Gaz

Sponsored Links
does the toilet need an external overflow pipe? some loos have an integral overflow.

noseall said:
does the toilet need an external overflow pipe? some loos have an integral overflow.

It says: Internal Overflow Warning

If internal overflow warning is required, seal external warning pipe hole in side or bottom of cistern with plug & sealing washer.

Then it says:

External Overflow Warning Pipe. (Side Entry)

TD straight warning pipe connector is fitted from inside the cistern and secured with a flange nut. Elbow is fitted outside and fitted with flange nut.

Bottom Entry

Fix angled warning pipe through base of cistern with rubber sealing washer inside. Turn angle of pipe to corner of the cistern allow clearance from ball float arm movement , if fitted, and tighten back nut.

I am presuming I need one, if so I how can I go about it and is there any other way??

Thanks in advance

Gaz

It sounds like you already have one. If not, put a Flapper or other flushing device in the cistern, with built-in internal overflow that will dribble down the pan.

p4511771_l.jpg

Sponsored Links
Any cistern will overflow internally if the siphon (or flush valve) is short enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back