Toilet Feed pipe leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having tiled the bathroom floor and lifted the toilet up by about 15mm, the copper feed pipe no longer fits securely onto the plastic threaded pipe going into the cistern. It was at a very odd angle when I initially detached it.

When detached the feed pipe naturally sits about 1/2 inch off the plastic pipe so you have to really pull the copper feed pipe into place before you screw it on.

I'm a plumbing novice.

Is there some kind of flexible pipe I can get to sit between the two, or is there an alternative solution i'm not aware of? Its leaking every time I turn the water on.

Sponsored Links
You may have stripped the thread from the plastic. I would replace it but you could try wrapping it with PTFE tape.

You shouldn't have to stress any pipe to fit - this will also cause probs and leaks. If the pipe is a bottom entry then why not cut back the copper pipe and replace with a 15mm to 1/2 inch flexi.

yes there is.

you will need to cut the old pipe back to leave plenty of space

this one has a 15mm compression fitting to put on the copper pipe at one end, and a tap connector at the other. It has a service valve at the pipe end.

some people don't like using them on mains-pressure water, in case they should burst. take care not to twist or kink it.
p1081010_l.jpg

Thanks. I have a couple more probably dumb questions.

So I can cut the feed pipe back.

1.Then I assume it needs to be threaded so I can attach the flexi pipe?
2. I'll have to buy something to thread the pipe?
3. I can pick one of these up from somewhere like Wickes?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back