Toilet Flush running constantly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had to take out a toilet in a house i am working on and have reinstalled it. The water was off when i got the house, so i have no idea if this was doing it before i took it out.

The cistern is not filling up, but is just splliing into the bowl.

It is a central flush unit.

I have a feeling it has been set like this in case of any floods - the house was empty for ages.

I am not sure how to adjust the unit to stop this from happening again. Any ideas on how to sort it ?

Sponsored Links
Continuous running water is a common fault with the modern push button toilet cistern.
Scale or torn washer on the push button flush syphon. isolate the water supply and repair or clean the syphon. Normally, a sharp twist anticlockwise on the push button syphon will release it. Turn the syphon box over to reveal the underside and you'll see a rubber washer. Clean up any scale or replace with a new washer if torn.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back