Toilet flushing noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In recent weeks every time my toilet is flushed there a massive humming noise that really is very loud.
Can anyone tell me what it is and how to stop it please as I think even the neighbours could hear it. :(

Sponsored Links
It's called water hammer and is a deep vibration caused by a stiff washer within your toilets inlet/float valve. It's quite an easy job for DIY if you're quite handy or just call a plumber. Personally I would charge £60+vat to repair. Will cost you next to nothing to do yourself. I'm sure there will be videos online. You may need to take the washer to a plumbers merchants to match it. Or post a pic on here and we can tell you what washer you need.

Thanks ALC. Sorry for the delay in replying. I'm not getting any alerts to my post.Ill photograph the part and post it here.

171000_170133_86916_56080814_thumb.jpg
[/url]

the arrow points to the part with the vibration that is making the noise.[/img]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back