Toilet handle does not return to 'up' position after flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon,

I've got an annoying issues with my toilet whereby after flushing the toilet handle does not return to the up position after flushing, instead it stays down with a certain amount of play in its action; to perform another flush you have to lift it then turn the handle with some force.

I was going to replace the entire syphon however the previous owners have boxed everything in below the cistern with no way of getting to the pipes, so thought I'd check if there was a simpler option before I start ripping that out.

Attachments

• 20160629_103622.jpg
    20160629_103622.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 782
Sponsored Links
Disconnect the White flush arm from the rod of the handle, unscrew the White nut to the left of the Green syphon and the whole syphon will lift out. Looks like a Dudley 88 turbo from here but it`s written on the top.

May as well replace the S wire whilst your there, that`s normally the next piece to break.

Sponsored Links
The 3" wire that links the flush arm to the syphon flush rod. S wire / C wire sorry I`m tired.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back