toilet install - what would you do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you realised that you'd mis-measured the fitting for a loo pan connector fitting, and now the rubber/plastic connector was protruding through the floor and is too fat for the loo to fit round, what would you do?

A - tell the customer of your mistake and find an alternative loo that had a wide base that would fit.
B - redo the pan connector raising it up and shorten the bend.
C - grind a bit of the base of the loo on the inside so it fits.
D - make up some "amusing" spacers out of bits of old copper pipe and clips and install the loo 2.5cm away from the tiled wall

see below: the work of a pro :(o_O

28196539602_0523db9236_c.jpg

Sponsored Links
Would need to see what the pan connector location etc looks like to comment on what could be done.

Ultimately, the connection should be made up correctly, with the correct fittings to suit the appliance. That's the only option that should be considered IMO.

I'll take a pic but the soil pipe connector seal is too big for the space in the back of the loo. so it's stopping the pan being pushed flush to wall.

loo was delivered ages ago so no excuse that it was unknown.

Sponsored Links
When I got home - he'd done C. If I'm honest - its what I'd have done. But then I'd have been saving the money paying a professional to do the install.

Jesus, I know, could he not at least have sprung to a couple of tap washers ffs :LOL:, the screws aint brass either ;)

IMO, closest that person got to being a plumber was .... slept with one :sneaky:

See all sorts of bits like that being used inside the cistern everyday.

See all sorts of bits like that being used inside the cistern everyday.

And it makes me mad coz my prices are pitched against prices from ppl who do that sort of shyte! And the customer just doesn't know until it's done - then the problems start!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back