Toilet leaking by the outlet pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi :) , can anyone help me and tell me what type of sealant i need to use as the 2 pipes on the back of my toilet which are connected togeather have lost some of the sealent from it and when i pull the chain the water comes out of it :(

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Dscf0132.jpg

I have uploaded the picture for you.

I would clean and dry the joint and then squirt a nice thick (but tidy) bead of Sanitry sealant into the gap and wipe it into the joints.

Leave ofr an hour and test.

Make sure the loo is FIRMLY screwed to the floor as movement will bring the leak back.

Sponsored Links
A bit of practice and you would be amazed at how neat and tidy a bit of white silicone can be. If you change it (indeed with an offset connector) you'll need to remove the loo and allsorts.

Thxs for helping me u guys and i will be following your advice , very grateful indeed and a big THANKYOU :D

UPDATE- Silocone worked a treat, very happy and can now flush my toilet with a smile on me face :D , thankyou for helping me out !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back