Toilet less than 54.3cm height inc tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A toilet is to be located under a window ledge in a bathroom, and the ledge is 543 mm (54.3 cm) in height.

I can get a bowl to fit under this, and then have a tank located high on the wall with a flush pipe specially bent to curve around the window.

Alternatively, I was wondering are there any toilets on the market which have an attached tank which are not more than 543 mm in height including the tank?

Sponsored Links
Tank = Cistern

And bending the flush pipe to curve around the window will most likely reduce the force of the water entering the toilet pan with undesired results.

bending the flush pipe to curve around the window will most likely reduce the force of the water entering the toilet pan with undesired results.

Since the drop between an attached cistern and the bowl on a "standard" toilet is minimal in terms of distance, it may be reasonable to assume that provided the flush pipe is completely vertical at the final few cm's of the flush pipe (before the water hits the bowl), then the water force should be no more reduced than the flush from a "standard" cistern-attached toilet.

Irrespective of the fact that the water has come down a somewhat twisted flush pipe.

bending the flush pipe to curve around the window will most likely reduce the force of the water entering the toilet pan with undesired results.

Since the drop between an attached cistern and the bowl on a "standard" toilet is minimal in terms of distance, it may be reasonable to assume that provided the flush pipe is completely vertical at the final few cm's of the flush pipe (before the water hits the bowl), then the water force should be no more reduced than the flush from a "standard" cistern-attached toilet.

Irrespective of the fact that the water has come down a somewhat twisted flush pipe.

That tells me you have no experience in such matters - I`m out.

Sponsored Links
Most seem to be c.750mm high. You can get a 3 piece plastic flushpipe for a high level cistern - good luck with a metal one - though let us (me that is) know how it pans out;) I'll leave the others to argue among themselves.

That tells me you have no experience in such matters - I`m out.

No, I do not not have any experience of this, hence my reason for asking in relation to this on a DIY forum.

Most seem to be c.750mm high. You can get a 3 piece plastic flushpipe for a high level cistern - good luck with a metal one - though let us (me that is) know how it pans out;) I'll leave the others to argue among themselves.
I've seen this copper flushpipe below. I wonder if it's simply self-made from a copper pipe and a pipe bender?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/00/f9/8c/00f98c1ec17fe7413218967bd344ab7d.jpg
https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/392657661233777511/
00f98c1ec17fe7413218967bd344ab7d.jpg

The copper one does look self made - with fittings not a bender. The victorianbathrooms one looks the business.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back