Toilet overflowing - help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My toilet, made by RSG Sanitary Ware will not stop overfilling, which means it is running all the time. I have tried moving various bits up, down and around, without success, each time I think I've solved it, the following day it begins filling too full again. I have to turn the water off at night as I can hear it dripping over the overflow pipe.

Can anyone explain to me the workings of a modern toilet! The old one with just a ball cock to adjust was far easier!

Hopefully - :rolleyes: Suerealisma

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I am not going to let a toilet beat me! It cannot be beyond the wit of woman to work it out. It is the principal involved, and besides, I cant afford to pay a plumber to do something that would only take a matter of minutes!

Wish me luck :D

if you've tried adjusting the fill valve and it still fills then i would say the diaphragm inside it is letting by.

thanks for the video, not quite what I needed!

Thanks for the link, unfortunately, the insides of my cistern look nothing like these!

Guess it's trial and error for a while longer - it is the odd shaped "ball cock" contraption that is not lifting with the water to shut off the inlet valve - it is a hollow oval shape, and fits inside another slightly larger shape.

I have tried descaling the cistern in case it is limescale that has formed in the workings that is stopping it closing off, but that's not worked either.

If anyone else out there has the same toilet (Japanese I think?) maybe they'd offer some help .................................

i would say the diaphragm inside it is letting by.

Yep. Normally quite easy to change without the whole unit coming out too :)

DIY sheds and local hardware stores do replacement float valves but this involves changing the whole unit inside.

Find out what make it is and buy just the replacement diaphragm. Normally just a twist, replace, twist back mission :D

Gerberit, Fluidmaster, Torbeck etc

Something like this?

Geberit_Bottom_entry_impuls_360_float_valve.gif

If it's a recent install the manufacturer or store you bought it from will likely send you a replacement part free.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back