toilet saniflow problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother lives in a flat and her toilet uses a Saniflow to remove waste.
The problem is that after flushing there is a very fine continuous flow of water into the bowl.
After about 2 or 3 hours the saniflow kicks in and empties - its then repeated.
This goes on through the night and wakes her up.
Is there any basic diy that can be done to the system to stop this or any suggestions appreciated.
I am attaching a pic that she took to show the system.

Attachments

• toilet1.jpg
    toilet1.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 148
Sponsored Links
Sounds like the Toilet Cistern has an interior overflow system.

Check the Fill valve (The blue fitting on the right) just below the float there should be an adjustment thread

Sounds like the Toilet Cistern has an interior overflow system.

Check the Fill valve (The blue fitting on the right) just below the float there should be an adjustment thread
Lower the water level to below the overflow outlet on the flush valve (fitting on left)

It's one of two things.

Either the flush valve isn't closing properly or the float valve isn't shutting off. You need to find out which it is - after the WC is flushed, does the cistern fill before the water starts trickling into the pan or is there a continuous trickle?

If it's continuous then the flush valve isn't closing and may simply need either the seal cleaning or a new seal. If it fills and then starts trickling then it's the float valve not shutting off.

Sponsored Links
Thanks to Bosswhite & Newboy.
I'm going to see her on Monday and I'll check what you have suggested

Thanks to Bosswhite & Newboy.
I'm going to see her on Monday and I'll check what you have suggested

I found the problem was the flush valve and the seal. I gave it a good clean and all is now working as it should.
I did find out that other tenants had the same problem in the past.
thanks again for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back