Toilet waste/pan pipe leaking!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, this is my 1st post so be gentle! I replaced my toilet just over a week ago, the first waste pipe/pan connector leaked where it was connecting to the toilet waste outlet, not badly, just a few drips, now i have another one on there which was fine for a few days, and THAT started dripping after a few more days...All seems to be aligned etc but i just dont get why it is leaking. Now its really annoying me....Any ideas???? I have measured several points around the outlet on the actual toilet and it is round to within 2mm and the actual rubber seal is quite a bit smaller so its a snug fit.

Sponsored Links
had a few toilets that are good to the eye but not when theirs a pan coupler on the back they leak.
not a sheds toilet by any chance?

toilet is from Wickes, and was £120 so thought it would be a good one! It is an eco toilet. Im not sure they would take it back now.. or would they? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
toilet is from Wickes, and was £120 so thought it would be a good one! It is an eco toilet. Im not sure they would take it back now.. or would they?
If it's faulty then they don't have a choice.

But first, which pan connector are you using?

Im using a McAlpine one... Any decent places online where i can by such things?

Personally I don't like the McAlpine one. I prefer Multikwik, and sometimes Hepworth.

Firstly, measure the [average] outside diameter of the pan spigot.

Take that measurement to your local plumbers' merchant, and ask for the correct pan connector for that size.

try applying a little grease to the pan connector seal, and turn the connector a few times after you connect it to the pan.

it said in the instructions specifically not to add grease. I was thinking of using KY or something similar that wont affect rubber...

Nothing wrong with lubing the pan conn if it isn't going to move, i.e. straight out of the back of the pan, not a 90 :)

can't see why they slide on easy enough onto ceramic even if you wet it but not any grease etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back