Tollwut.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently we have the highest rate of bovine tuberculosis in Europe, IF! It is spread by the protected badger I ask myself why? What have they got on the continent that we haven't got? Rabies!! That's what!! So why not infect the badgers over here with rabies!!

Sponsored Links
You'd really like to re-introduce rabies into Britain?

Even as a tree-hugging veggie, I have no qualms about 'managing' the wildlife. It is just a part of maintaining an unnatural countryside (no predators).

But I am unconvinced that badgers are the concern, I think they are a useful scapegoat for bad farming practices.

I was pondering on "OUR" past achievements, grey squirrels, DDT, Japanese knot weed, mixamumtoses and where did the Colorado beetle come from? And I nearly forgot, is it Monsanto that are killing off the bees with their fertilizer??

Sponsored Links
Try and get your head round this, they are chopping down the rain forests to enable them to plant and grow soya beans, what came as a shock to me being a veggie was that most of the beans are used as fodder for cattle, so the next time you are tucking in to your T bone steak think of the diminishing rain forests and global weather patterns.

Does it really matter?
The suns gonna blow in about 7 billion years and vaporize the planet.
Which is a short time span in space time.

For a while the planet will look a charred piece of coal after being burnt.

Even as a tree-hugging veggie, I have no qualms about 'managing' the wildlife. It is just a part of maintaining an unnatural countryside (no predators).

But I am unconvinced that badgers are the concern, I think they are a useful scapegoat for bad farming practices.

Indeed seeing as we have removed the badgers natural predators at some point a cull simply to maintain a healthy population becomes necessary TB or not.
Badgers may very well be part of the problem but then equally a part are cats , which would be more of a political problem if a cull of cats were suggested.

7 billion years you say! Does that give me time to put my head between my knees and kiss my ar se goodbye??

Blimey - missed that.

Thanks for the info - I'm just off to break the bad news to both cats!

Can't believe that I'm putting up with two free-loading TB ridden moggies swanning around my home. Might swap them for a dog (oh no - rabies risk!)

Sponsored Links
Back