torch on 2mm underlay problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Im installing a 3 layer felt roof to my flat garage roof that is 7m by 5m. Ive put the 3b tack down on and am trying to lay the next 2mm torch on. Problem is if I heat the roll enough to burn off the celophane it has become molton on the other side of the roll so sticks to itself as I roll it out? If I have less heat it rolls out fine but doesnt stick down as its not melted enough. Should this layer melt fully to the roof ie stick on its entire surface area?
Any help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
The capping sheet is 4mm so should be easier when im putting that on. Whats the technique for the 2mm how do I burn off the celophane stuff without overheating the roll? Ive tried less heat for longer, loads of heat for a short burst, holding the torch further away from the roll etc all seems to give me the same problem. Do most roofers use the tac down then 2 layers of 4mm?

I don't use 2mm anymore because its to easy to burn ie. rubbish in my opinion.

Sponsored Links
There's an art to it, can't be taught on tinternet. Roll felt up on a piece of 100 mm tube helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back