toshiba a300 network network card

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, as per the title my laptop cant recognise the modem(using another at the moment) virgin saymodem is ok and i need to uninstall then reinstall the network card, which would be fine if i knew where it was, realy need some help on tis
ta

Sponsored Links
Look in Start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections and see what it says is connected.
There may be a Troubleshooting button there.
Or try the 'Set up a new Network'.

Which OS do you have, XP, Vista or Win 7?

dave

It will be inside the laptop, they mean to uninstall then reinstall the drivers and software.

Easiest way is control panel, hardware and sound then device manager view hardware. Expand network adaptors and uninstall the wi-fi device, I would also uninstall any wired device (usually the same piece of kit acting as two devices).

Shutdown the computer then reboot, the operating system will detect a 'new device' and either load the drivers or ask for the disk.

NatB, have found and uninstalled, turned off and on again and no better, how do you reboot the comp

Sponsored Links
NatB, have found and uninstalled, turned off and on again and no better, how do you reboot the comp
Did it reinstall the devices on reboot? Reboot just means shutdown, power off, wait a minute then switch it back on.

What OS are you running?

Also, in device manager what is the actual network card?

What is meant by not recognising the modem? Is it a wireless modem (and router)?

Also, in device manager what is the actual network card?

What is meant by not recognising the modem? Is it a wireless modem (and router)?

i had a wireless connection, but when it failed i plugged the modem back in and it didnt work either, phoned virgin who checked it online and
confirmed everything was ok at their end and to get my network card uninstalled/reinstalled
i have borrowed my mums laptop and it picks up the netgear wireless routerright away so it kinda confirms the problem lies with my laptop

Sponsored Links
Back