Toshiba S1400-253s Re-Installation CD ROM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Dies any one have a CD ROM ( or set as there is often more than 1) of CD ROMs to Re-Install XP Professional and all the drivers onto a Toshiba S1400-253s, I bought one at a computer Fair, it has a Windows XP Professional certificate on the bottom, but has 98 installed, so want to put back to XP.

Or any one know where I can by one cheap?I have looked on e-bay, but nothing there.Don't want to go to Toshiba, they will charge a fortune.

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
Technically, the sticker on the bottom of the PC is NOT the license and so any disk you use could be seen as illegal. However, if you have a mate with a copy of XP pro, you could try it. There are a number of XP builds around, so the code you have may not work with all disks

You can download most drivers free from here.

Good luck.

Don't mean to sound ILLEGAL, but have u tried the torrents ?? Ie bittorrent ? You can get anything from there. Failing that, speak to someone you know has the disc and do a little googling for the keys if you are stuck.

Neil

Thanks, But I would sooner get some Re-Installation Toshiba CD's, I think that this will have a legal code built into it, save trouble in the future.

Steve

Sponsored Links
Their is no easy solution for this one then. You can only hope that you might find a copy of Xp Pro at a car boot sale for the machine, but highly doubtful. You could give Toshiba a ring about it, but the copy will on your machine has no doubt been registered to a previous owner. See if they will send u a replacement disc or they may even give you one at a reduced price.

Neil

Back