Toughened Glass Kitemark Position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Another question about the Rehau double glazing we're just having fitted;

Alot of the windows have toughened glass in them, but they all have the kitemark visable in different corners of the window and all face to be read from outside. Where there are two paynes next to each other I'm going to get them refitted so they are in the same corners - at the bottom from a personal point of view.

As standard I'm assuming the kitemarks should be in one of the bottom corners and only read from either the inside or outside. Is there such a thing as a correct location for kitemarks accross the window industry or does it not matter and just down different manufacturers/fitters?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
The pro’s may correct me but I don’t think there is an advisory as to what corner to put the kite mark in; I don’t think it matters at all. Why do you want to go to all the trouble of refitting the glass, I can’t imagine the company that fitted them will want to do it for nothing; personally I wouldn’t bother!

Richard C said:
; personally I wouldn’t bother!

Down to personal choice really, we had one re-positioned because when looking from the lounge into the garden room the kitemark was at the top right which leapt out at us straight away. fitters had to come back to complete work and tey moved it no fuss

I've had the same issue myself regarding this. One kite mark at the bottom left hand corner of the inner pane and one at the top on the outer pane of my sealed unit. This does not look right. The kite marks should be opposite to each other. Why would any manufacturer put them in different locations. (Absolutely ridiculous!) I have asked them to replace the glass and trust me I won't be paying.

Sponsored Links
I've had the same issue myself regarding this. One kite mark at the bottom left hand corner of the inner pane and one at the top on the outer pane of my sealed unit. This does not look right. The kite marks should be opposite to each other. Why would any manufacturer put them in different locations. (Absolutely ridiculous!) I have asked them to replace the glass and trust me I won't be paying.

Good luck getting that for free!!!

And sealed units are generally made in ' Sealed unit lines ' , most being automated .

And as Crank says there are no rules are regulations that stipulate where the Tough mark has to be ... it just has to be present and visible

Lol that is just ott. The stamp is there to tell you its toughened its not a work of art...some customers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back