Towel radiator question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I changed the towel radiator in the bathroom like for like as the old one was looking old rusty ect ect . I turned off both bottom valves im removed it and put the new rad to the old pipe work .

First question do i just open the top bleed / vent and open up both valves and wait till water comes out then shut the bleed ?

Second question should i do this with the boiler turned on or off ?

Third and last question when i removed the old rad one side of the rad was clearish water and then the final side was dark black water with a few soft bits in , Is it worth paying someone to give my central heating a flush and clean and a refill or is this normal ?

I have a Santon premier plus unvented hot water system and wallstar boiler .

cheers

Sponsored Links
First question do i just open the top bleed / vent and open up both valves and wait till water comes out then shut the bleed ?

open the valves first then the bleed (less mess)

Second question should i do this with the boiler turned on or off ?

off (pump may be on return)

Third and last question when i removed the old rad one side of the rad was clearish water and then the final side was dark black water with a few soft bits in , Is it worth paying someone to give my central heating a flush and clean and a refill or is this normal ?

wont do any harm ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back