towel rail wall fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So we have a heated towel rail and some of the wall fittings have broken.

Our fittings go over the rails where as everyone else I've seen the fittings go between the rails.

Can I just replace the fittings? The attachments to the walls are still there so I don't want to move them as they are against tiles.

I have uploaded some photos

https://picasaweb.google.com/105886...&authkey=Gv1sRgCKWNqPjRu_qZJg&feat=directlink

Sponsored Links
Not too sure what to male of those bracket positions. I would have two at high level and one centralized lower down. You can fill any holes with grout/mastic.

Could try these

Not the same as yours but may well do the trick

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
well there should be 2 fittings on the last rail of the top section and 2 on the top rail of the bottom section.

It doesn't look it but the fittings are actually level with each other. I can't move the rail down as it almost touches the floor already. Idealy I'd use them and just change the attachments to the actual rail, to do this I'd have to lift up the rail so the the top fittings are between the top 2 rails of the middle section and the bottom rails are between the 3rd & 4th rails of the bottom section. OR have the bottom fittings between the 1st & 2nd rails of the bottom section and the last rail of the top section resting on the top fittings.

Sponsored Links
Could try these

Not the same as yours but may well do the trick

yep there the one we will be getting as they are the only style I can find, won't fit completely right but will do the trick as you say.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
It's a pity really, since the originals look good. Take it there's no markings anywhere on the rad that might indicate the manufacturer?

nope no markings on the rad :( For now I have placed to two fittings that don't work at the top.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back