Towerstat RF to Honeywell CM921 wireless thermostat problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hope you can help

My towerstst RF stopped working and no lights were showing on the reciever, which meant I was getting hot water but no heating.

I managed to get hold of a Honeywell wireless thermostat, but it looks as if the wiring may be different. Is this the case or am I missing something?

I have the boiler up and running, but the boiler is not coming on when requested to do so by the thermostat

Please help, its freezing!

John

Sponsored Links
The new receiver needs a permanent live to L, and neutral to N.

The wire that was in the Towerstat's Live connection goes to A.

The wire that was in the Towerstat's Live Output connection goes to B.

Terminal C not needed.

The Honeywell will be better than the Towercrap! ;)

Thanks for the reply

Ive tried that and there was no power to the boiler.

The tower was wired with a link wire, with a live from the mains (from a fused switch) in one and a live to the boiler. The neutral from the mains was also with a black wire leading to the boiler, this leaves the SL, which is a grey wire to the boiler.

The only way i've been able to get the power to the boiler is by connecting the L and N wies to the boiler in with the L and N from the mains, leaving the grey wire in A.

Hope that makes sense

John

Sponsored Links
Make and model of the boiler may be a good plan before you put 230vac on B

Make and model of the boiler may be a good plan before you put 230vac on B

The OP said: The tower was wired with a link wire.

This tells you that the stat is wired to provide 230Vac via the SL terminal.

I think the op has the wire (colours) mixed up, as in what they do.

Perhaps what wire went to which terminal in the towerstat may help.

Hi

I have checked how the Tower was wired and I was correct in what I have said.

The boiler is a Glow Worm Ultracom 30cxi

Are you saying to use a link wire i the honeywell, L to A (A being the SL wire in the Tower)?

Thanks

John

Earlier on you said:

kitt1980 said:
1. The tower was wired with a link wire, with a live from the mains (from a fused switch) in one and a live to the boiler.

2. The neutral from the mains was also with a black wire leading to the boiler.

3. This leaves the SL, which is a grey wire to the boiler.
I am trying to work out what this means but am having difficulties. Is this correct:

1. Live wire from fused switch to Tower (which terminal?); link from same Tower terminal to a second Tower terminal (which?); wire from second Tower terminal to boiler (which terminal?).

2. Neutral wire from fused switch to Tower Neutral terminal; wire from Tower Neutral to boiler (which terminal?).

3. Grey wire from Tower (which terminal?) to boiler (which terminal?).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back