Towerstat rf

J

JohnthePainter

Anyone had experience with the towerstat rf and an ariston boiler. ran 240v to the receiver but only one wire comes from the boiler. tried various combos but nothing. got a red led in the receiver but no green, anyone any hints?

Sponsored Links
mains live and neutral from boiler to stat, then room stat connections from boiler (see MIs) to common and call of receiver (MIs)

Sponsored Links
boiler only has one wire labled for a room thermostat with a small wire loop, tried removing the loop and connecting it ti the reciever but dont get a green light only fed for power. Tried different codes on both devices but think I'm missing something. Would i need to remove the time clock?

How many "cores" does the cable, from boiler to receiver, have?

two wires. Both black. Connected in a loop with terminal block.

have a live and neutral feed goin to it but the boiler only provides two wires to connect a stat to and from what i can tell they're the same wire and the reciever is used to break the connection turning it on or off. Doesn't look promising does it?

After reading your posts, with all due respect, I don't think you are competent/able to do this job so the best bet would be to call out a heating engineer.

Im able to read instructions and have a good undersranding of electrics. If you don't know just say, the fact i came here and asked in the first place shows I was encountering problems for someone to say I am unable to do the job and to get an engineer is stating the obvious. Heard that already from my wife. I'll try the manufacturer, they be more help.

Okay, calm down.
You need 4 cores, live in boiler to live in receiver, neutral in boiler to neutral in receiver, remove room stat link (possibly connections 9 & 10) and replace with 2 wires that can connect to the common and calling in the receiver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back