Towerstat RS vs. Honeywell Wiring Centre; wire colours

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again,

Almost got my Honeywell Wiring Centre all worked out. Boiler, pump and valve all working fine. But there's one last bit I'm stuck on.

The room thermostat has four sockets, numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4. On the wiring centre though the sockets are labelled 1, E, 2, and 3.

How do I connect these? According to the Towerstat manual, on the thermostat, 1 is live in, 3 is switch live, and 4 is neutral.

Thanks very much!

Ed Stevens.

Sponsored Links
I assume by 'sockets' you mean 'Terminals' and that you are using the Honeywell wiring centre with the dedicated terminals for the different components, as opposed to the junction box version.

If so, the numbers will be applicable to Honeywell components and numbered accordingly. So if you were using a Honeywell thermostat (eg T6360B) the wires are as follows:

1 = Live
2 = Neutral
3 = Switched Live

These are the same numbers used in the wiring centre so using your description of the towerstat connections would give you.

1 at the Towerstat = 1 at the wiring centre (Live)
4 at the Towerstat = 2 at the wiring centre (Neutral)
3 at the Towerstat = 3 at the wiring centre (Switched Live)

The earth is not always needed as many thermostats are double insulated and don't need an earth connection.

my towerstat rs wired as 1 live -red 2no wires 3 switched live blue wire4 neutral yellow wire ihave replaced stat with a tower stt rsl boiler fires up when i turn up temp but no neon light i have wired as follows live 1 demand 3 blue a link 3 to 5 6 neutral yellow

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
my towerstat rs wired as 1 live -red 2no wires 3 switched live blue wire4 neutral yellow wire ihave replaced stat with a tower stt rsl boiler fires up when i turn up temp but no neon light i have wired as follows live 1 demand 3 blue a link 3 to 5 6 neutral yellow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back